Saturday, October 2, 2010

Rain, rain, go away.


As I mentioned yesterday, it has been raining.  We saw a few hours of sunshine in the morning, and thanks to my early riser of a husband, some dry laundry.  The power went out at around 9am, and stayed off until a little after one.  I always wonder when, or if the power will come back on, and how much extra trouble it will be for the men in the family if it doesn't.

We had a nice lunch, with Abi trying to 'sneak' Jacob away from the table. It is so funny to me the things that kids will try to get away with.  After lunch we had a good women only meeting, and disuced the next couple month's and the direction we would like to take as the seasons begin to change. 

I spent a few minutes in the afternoon harvesting potatoes out of my garden. For the most part is was a good crop, but I think I lost quite a few potatoes to some uniformed gardening.  I am excited to see how the potatoes in the mountain garden do. I just strated the seeds for my winter garden in the AeroGarden that someone gave me to improve ou seccess rate with seed germination. We should have a full blown veg, herb garden in about a month. Thanks Lisa!!!!


We hope you are enjoying the fall weather, and enjoying the change of season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie, I love reading your journaling in your blog! I feel like we visit a little everyday when I read what's going on with you...and wishing I was right there with you!!!